Friday, August 28, 2015

2015 August 28 - Morning Manna

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came. (Job 3:25-26)

Today's Morsel:  Probably one of the greatest stories that should be read and encouraged to be read by Christians, is the book of Job.  To me, Job is a book of life's lessons.  It is a book of ups and downs.  A book of hurts and misunderstandings.  A book of what if's. A book of true friendships. And it is a book of "good things come to those who wait on the Lord."  The book of Job also reflects to the Christian spiritual warfare. It reveals Satan's overall intent.  And that intent is to steal, kill, and to destroy.  Job, however, shows us the value of doing the right thing and building a relationship with God while we are in our right minds, not trying to do it after troubles come.  Job said, "For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came"(Job 3:25-26).  When we hear in the news or social media things that are happening to others, we may say, "Thank God for His protective hand that it is not us."  Again, like Job, we hear when it happens to others, but how do we deal with it when it is in our sandbox?  Job simply encourages us with these words, "But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth"(Job 23:10-13).  Job just said, "I held to the Word."  You see, a daily intake of the Word of God and being obedient to it will aide us when those unwanted troubles come.

Sing: I know the Lord will make a way for me, I know the Lord will make a way for me; if I live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right, I know that Lord, will make a way for me.

Thought for Today:  We still have an anchor of hope, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment