Wednesday, October 23, 2013

2013 October 23 - Morning Manna

"Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4:15-19)
 
 Today's Morsel:   I believe that if people would focus more on their needs than their wants, they would probably not be in debt or suffering from stress and depression.  Often, depression and stress are brought on by indebtedness.  When you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel because debt ceiling is weighing us down, it becomes stressful.  Paul lets us know that lust is attached to our wants and not to our needs. (Romans 7:7).  He lets us know that God will supply all our need because He knows the things we have need of before we ask Him.  If you get into the habit of letting God provide for your needs, you'll not be stressed or depressed because of excessive debts.  "Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him" (Matthew 6:8).
 
Sing: There's a blessing in the house waiting for you! There's a blessing in house waiting for you! Just have faith to believe it, just have faith to receive it, God knows that you need it.  There's a blessing in the house waiting for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment