Wednesday, October 2, 2013

2013 October 2 - Morning Manna

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
 
Today's Morsel: Gratitude can change your life.Thanksgiving is an expression or an act of giving thanks. It is our gratitude for something rendered to us or done for us. It's the giving of thanks. The quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful. It's that warm or deep appreciation for kindness or benefits that we receive. Meister Eckhart said, “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was,“Thank you,” that would suffice.” It’s amazing how one simple, easy, good action can change so much in a person’s life. One of the things that has had the biggest affect on my life is the realization of the power of gratitude. That of simply giving thanks. It has affected everything. It has made me a better person. I believe a more productive person. A better achiever. A better husband and father and son and brother (at least, I like to think so). A happier person. I’m not perfect, but gratitude has made me better. Can it change your life as well? I can guarantee it will if we will practice it. You might not get the exact same benefits as I have, but there’s no doubt in my mind that the simple act of gratitude on a regular basis will change anyone’s life, positively and immediately. I can't think of too many other changes that can claim to be that quick, that easy, and that profound. It has been stated that the most unthankful people on the earth are born again believers. And that ought not so to be. If anyone should know how to be thankful, it should be those who have been delivered from darkness and brought into His marvelous light. Paul lets us know that in everything we should give thanks because that is God's will for our lives. Are you thankful. Do you possess an attitude of gratitude? Give it a try, you will be glad you did and so will others!
Sing: Thanks! Thanks! I give you thanks, for all you have done. I am so blessed, my soul has found rest, oh Lord, I give you thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment