Saturday, October 12, 2013

2013 October 12 - Morning Manna

"Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God. When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple" (Jonah 2:1-7)
 
 Today's Morsel:  I like watching documentaries about the ocean and seas.  It's amazing what is under those waters and how deep they really are.  It has been reported that, "The Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench is the deepest known point in earth's oceans.  In 2010 the United States Center for Coastal & Ocean Mapping measured the depth of the Challenger Deep at 10,994 meters (36,070 feet or 6.8 miles) below sea level with an estimated vertical accuracy of ± 40 meters.  If Mount Everest (29,029 feet or 5.5 miles), the highest mountain on earth, was placed at this location it would be covered by over one mile of water."  And Jonah found himself in the belly of a whale at the ocean's bottom.  Don't know if it would have been this place or not, but either way, Jonah prayed and the Lord heard him.  How deep does the waters of affliction and the rivers of depression have to be in your life before you cry out to God for deliverance?  If you feel as though you are in over your head, why not call out to God, He is as close as the mention of His name.
 
 Sing:  I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more, but the master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
 
 Chorus: Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me. Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment