Saturday, October 19, 2013

2013 October 19 - Morning Manna

And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. (Luke 22:31-32)
 
Today's Morsel: God not only loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, but God loved us so much that He prays for us as well. When we understand that Jesus is a mediator for us, we can understand that He is our intercessor. When Jesus was praying for His disciples in the garden, He said, "Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word" (John 17:20). I believe in Him. And by having this understand, I have nothing to worry about. WOW ! What a feeling of assurance just knowing that God prays for me and has prayed for me before I was ever born. I don't have to worry about the devil defeating me or anyone else. I guess that's why each time I quote my favorite scripture, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" I find myself saying, "Then everyone else might as well be, too." If you really want someone to pray for you, get through for you, and get an answer, try taking your request to Jesus. His prayers never fail.
Sing: I'm not sorry! I'm not sorry! I've answer the Master's call. Jesus took my heavy load, now I'm on the glory road, and I'm not sorry, I'm not sorry, I'm not sorry, any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment