Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2013 April 9 - Morning Manna

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:5-8)
Today's Morsel: Frank Tyger, editorial cartoonist, columnist and humorist for the Times of Trenton, said, "Your future depends on many things, but mostly yourself." If we would stop and consider his statement, we would see just how true it really is. Some like to blame their failures and the failure of others on someone else instead of placing the blame where it lies, with oneself. I believe that if people are taught that all choices have consequences, and they are held to a standard for their actions, people would learn self discipline and responsibility. When the ball falls into my court, it's up to me to serve or let it pass. But I need to be aware that opportunity usually only knocks once. I've learned that every day that the Lord lets me live, the older I am going to become. Therefore, I have to look ahead and prepare for the things that may come that I am unaware of. As my parents used to say, "Save something for a rainy day." I've also learned, that no one can get me to heaven. It will be totally up to me where I spend eternity. But Peter gives me instruction on how to prepare for it. He said, "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ... Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."
Sing: There's a happy land of promise over in the Great Beyond, where the saved of earth shall soon the glory share, where the saints of God shall enter and live on for evermore, everybody will be happy over there.
Everybody, will be happy, will be happy over there. We will shout and sing God's praise, everybody will be happy over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment