Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2013 April 30 - Morning Manna

Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. (1 Kings 8:12).
Today's Morsel: Faith is being able to see God in darkness. When you are inundated with trials, troubles and circumstances it is often hard to see God at work in your life. These are what I like to call dark times. But Solomon says that God said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. So no matter how dark it may seem to you, God is right there working it out with you. One of the things we find in scripture is that in the Tabernacle in the Wilderness, Moses was not told to put any light in the Holy of Holies. The candle sticks were only to be placed in the sanctuary. The Lord dwelt in the Holy of Holies. Therefore, because He is the Light, there was no need for light within the Holy of Holies. Once you are exposed to the light in the sanctuary, you should always have that light with you and no matter how much darkness you encounter, you should always be able to see God's presence.
 
Sing: 1. I wandered so aimlessly in life filled with sin, I wouldn't let my dear saviour in, then Jesus came like a stranger in the night, Praise the Lord I saw the light. (Chorus)
2. Just like a blind man I wandered along, worries and fears I claimed for my own, then like the blind man that God gave back his sight, Praise the Lord I saw the light. (Chorus)
Chorus
I saw the light, I saw the light, no more in darkness no more night, Now I'm so happy, no sorrow in sight, Praise the Lord I saw the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment