Wednesday, May 1, 2013

2013 May 1 - Morning Manna

Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: And might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their heart aright, and whose spirit was not stedfast with God. (Psalms 78:1-8)
Today's Morsel: Story telling has been around for quite some time. Information of things of the past is being shared each and every day. Every time I go home with my family, my brothers and sisters always like telling my wife and children things that I did as a kid. I guess that's one way for my kids to learn and maintain information about their Dad to pass on to their kids. Each generation must share the truth of Jesus with the next generation. For over 2,000, the stories of Jesus have been shared around the world. Missionaries continue taking the gospel to every village, hamlet, and jungle around the world. Sunday school teachers, pastors, evangelist, and spiritual trainers are continuously telling the story of Jesus. The great commission was so that others would have a knowledge of Jesus and what He did to save a lost and dying world. Aren't you glad that someone told you about Him? Are you doing your part to spread the story to others?
Sing: Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart every word, tell me the story more precious, sweetest that ever was heard; tell how the angels in chorus, sang as they welcomed His birth, Glory to God in the highest! Peace and good tidings to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment