Friday, July 20, 2012

2012 July 20 - Morning Manna

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." (John 15:11-16)
Today's Morsel: Have you ever stopped to consider your friendship with Jesus? What about those who you call friends? Friendships are built on trust, reliability, faithfulness, and consideration. Jesus said that He has called us friends. But that friendship is predicated on one thing, if we do whatsoever He commands us. So what did He command us to do? "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature"(Mark 16:15); "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:31-33); "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again" (Luke 6:37-38); "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15); "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses"(Matthew 6:14-15); "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven"(Matthew 5:16). These are only a few of the things that He has commanded us to do. Are you are friend of Jesus?
Sing: What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear! What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer! O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry,everything to God in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment