Friday, July 6, 2012

2012 July 6 - Morning Manna

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (3 John 1:4)


Today's Morsel: If someone were to ask you what pathway they should be on for heaven, what would you tell them? It's amazing to me how many Christians are on different pathways trying to get to heaven. I am befuddled at the number of people who do not understand the apostle's doctrine. And I am even more bewildered at the number of Christians who do not understand that Jesus was God manifest in flesh and how to explain the plan of salvation. Yyet, they all say they are all going to heaven and that they have truth. If everyone that says they have truth has truth, shouldn't we all be on the same pathway? Maybe some think that we will intersect down the road somewhere. Jesus didn't say that there were many ways into the kingdom, He said that there was only one way and that was through Him. So, if Jesus is the truth (John 14:6), and John said, I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth; what pathway are you walking on? Serving and following Jesus isn't about denominations, it's about truth. You can call yourself anything you want to, but just make sure you are in truth. One of the surest ways you can know that you are walking in truth and on the right pathway is the songs you sing when your pathway gets narrow. If you are on the pathway of truth, your songs will keep a smile on your face and a bounce in your step at all times. But if you are on a pathway of error, there will be no song in your heart, no smile on your face, and no bounce in your step, especially when trouble comes. Truth makes you free, error keeps you trapped. Truth or error, which pathway are you on?


Sing: It is Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, sweetest name I know, fills my every longing, He keeps me singing as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment