Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2012 July 10 - Morning Manna

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.
(Job 3:25-26)


Today's Morsel: What do you do when that which you have heard about becomes reality? You know it's easy to sometimes slip back into worrying about tomorrow, dwelling on the "what ifs" and the "if onlys" and "I wished I hads." Each new day brings things that we cannot change. There will always be circumstances and situations that we have no control over. We have to face the reality of who we are - human beings. And we are going to go through things that sometimes are going to rock our cradle. I believe that every story in the Bible, as Paul said, is for our learning and example. The story of Job is to let us know that none of us, no matter how much a relationship we have with God, what our status in life is, or where we come from, can prevent unwanted hardship should God allow it to come our way. Job said that the thing which he feared had come upon him. He said that even though he felt secure, trouble still came into his life. If we keep our focus on Jesus and live according to His Word, even when troubles come we will be able to say as Paul: "But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24).


Sing: Trails dark on every hand, and we cannot understand, all the ways that God will lead us to that blessed promise land, but He'll guide us with His eye, and will follow till we die, we will understand it better by and by.


chorus: Singing by and by when the morning comes, and all the saints of God are gathering home, we will tell the story, how we've over come, and we'll understand it better by and by.

No comments:

Post a Comment