Saturday, October 1, 2011

2011 October 1 - Morning Manna

The burden which Habakkuk the prophet did see. O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save! Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention. Therefore the law is slacked, and judgment doth never go forth: for the wicked doth compass about the righteous; therefore wrong judgment proceedeth. Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you. (Habakkuk 1:1-5)

Today's Morsel: There just seems to be so much wicked injustice these days.  Sometimes it can make one wonder if God is even watching and listening to our prayers.  The prophet Habakkuk was faced with the same things we are facing today.  He cried out, "O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear!"  He wanted instant results.  He wanted God to take care of the situation right then.  But God's ways are not our ways, are they?  Paul said, "For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry" (Hebrews 10:37).  The Lord told Habakkuk," Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you."  God is going to do a work, if we let Him.  We don't need to rush and try to push God to destroy the wicked.  His Word already tells us that the wicked will perish.  But it is our job to try and turn the wicked around so that they will serve the Lord.  Life is too precious to be lost forever.  Every day we have an opportunity to make a difference.  Jude said, "And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh" (Jude 1:22-23).  Don't pray that the wicked be destroyed, pray that God saves them and then do your part to tell them.  For as the Lord told Ezekiel, "Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul" (Ezekiel 3:17-21).

Sing: Dear Lord, I'll be a witness, if You will help my weakness, I know that I'm not worthy, Lord, of Thee.  By eyes of faith I see Thee, upon the cross of Calvary, Dear Lord, I cry, let me Thy servant be.
 
Jesus, use me, Oh Lord please don't refuse me, for surely there's a work that I can do; and even though it's humble, Lord, help my will to crumble, though the cost be great I'll work for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment