Sunday, October 23, 2011

2011 October 24 - Morning Manna

Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. (John 8:25)



Today's Morsel: Who are you?  Do you really know who you are?  I have asked people why they did certain things that got them into trouble, and they always reply, "I don't know."  Do you do a constant evaluation of yourself to see who you are?  I sometimes ask kids what they want to be when they grow up?  And to my surprise, they have no clue.  If we never know who we are, we will never knowwhat we desire to become; as it takes a good understanding of self to develop oneself.   Why don't folks know who they are?  If we are born again, then John says that we are sons of God (1 John 3:1-3);Paul calls us saints (Romans 1:7); and Jesus calls us His friends (John 15:15).  When they asked Jesus who He was, He told them, "Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning."  In other words, I'm the one that spoke this world into existence.  I'm the one you call Father.  I'm the one that lead your forefathers out of the land of bondage to the Promised Land.  Do you know who He is?  Do you know who you are?  The next time someone asks you who you are just tell them......I'm a child of the King!



Sing:  Oh yes! Oh yes! I'm a child of the King, His royal blood now flows through my veins, I who was wretched and blind now can sing, Praise God! Praise God! I'm a Child of the King!

No comments:

Post a Comment