Monday, October 10, 2011

2011 October 10 - Morning Manna

"Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me "(Psalms 119:133)

Today's Morsel: I have come to realize that our lives offer us to two roads on which we must choose to travel.  One road leads to a life of success and prosperity which is heaven, while the other leads us to death and destruction, which is hell.  We are the one who chooses which road we will travel and we are the recipient of what is at the end of that road.  If we are obedient to the Word of the Lord,and a doer of His word, then our choice will lead us unto eternal life. But on the other hand, if our choice goes against God's Word, it will lead us to eternal damnation.  The Psalmist asked for the Lord to order his steps in His word.  In other words, he was saying, let my goings and my conduct and life be according to the requirements that are set forth in Your word and let me be wholly obedient to them.  Paul said, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace"(Romans 6:14).  Sin should never have control over a child of God, nor should it be the road we choose to travel upon.   Does it seem that many of the people you started out with on this Christian journey have fallen away and they are now no longer living their lives according to the Word?  Does it seem that many of those you held in high esteem have grown cold in their walk and, in your eyes, and are no longer someone you feel you can emulate to lead you and show you the ways of the Lord?  If our way of life is leading us into and on a road to eternal damnation, then God isn't ordering our steps.  There is only one way to eternal life.  Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).  Is He ordering your steps according to His Word?  Salvation outside of the Word of God isn't true salvation.  Peter admonished,  "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved"(Acts 4:12) .  If you have questions about the road you are on, why not pray and ask Jesus to order your steps in His word!

Sing: Order my steps in Your Word, dear Lord, lead me, guide me every day; send Your anointing, Father, I pray, order my steps in Your Word, please  order my steps in Your Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment