Friday, September 30, 2011

2011 September 30 - Morning Manna

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.   (1 Corinthians 10:13)

Today's Morsel: Are you able to live above your circumstances and situations?  Every born again believer should be able to.  Jesus said, "I give you power" (Luke 10:19).  Situations are not designed to destroy you, but to strengthen you.  Habakkuk said, "Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places" (Habakkuk 3:17-19).  Solomon says, "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24:16).  Even though you may make mistakes and fall, you should still be able to rise again.  Peter denied the Lord three times after telling Him that even though everyone else would deny Him, he could be counted on to be there for Jesus (Matthews 26:35).  He failed miserably.  But on the day of Pentecost it was Peter who proclaimed that Jesus Christ was Lord (Acts 2).  Always remember that Jesus has given you a garment called praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3), and it's this garment that is your way of escape when temptations and any other circumstance or situations come your way. "Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God" (Psalms 50:23).

Sing: Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me! Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me! And to him that ordereth his conversation aright, will I shew the salvation of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment