Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2011 October 19 - Morning Manna

  Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight. Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear. Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good. Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness. (Psalms 119:33-40)

Today's Morsel:  Let me see, no child left behind.  The only reason I can see  a child being left behind is if the child and his or her parent don't care if they get left behind.  Having just finished reading the book, "Gifted Hands", the true story of Dr. Carson.  Ben Carson, M.D., works medical miracles. Today, he is one of the most celebrated neurosurgeons in the world.  He was the first neurosurgeon to separate Siamese twins connected at the brain.   In Gifted Hands, he tells of his inspiring odyssey from his childhood in inner-city Detroit to his position as director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital at age 33.  As a child in school, he received D's and F's.  But he had a mother who couldn't read  because of only very little education that would not allow her two sons to do poorly in school.  He had a mother who was involved in every part of their education.  It shows that people can learn if encouraged to do so and given directions.
   
What would you say is the number one cause for spiritual amnesia?  The Psalmist requested eight things of the Lord. (1).Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. (2) Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.  (3) Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight. (4) Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness. (5) Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. (6) Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear. (7) Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good. (8) Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.
 
If we will follow this advise and seek God for the same wisdom and guidance, we will never suffer from spiritual amnesia.

Sing:  More, more about Jesus, More, more about Jesus; More of His saving fullness see, more of His love who died for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment