Saturday, October 15, 2011

2011 October 15 - Morning Manna

O Israel, thou hast destroyed thyself; but in me is thine help. (Hosea 13:9)


Today's Morsel:  It has been stated, " I have met the enemy, and he is us."  We are our own worst enemy.  I wonder just how many of our problems are being caused by we ourselves.  When we make wrong decisions and wrong choices that go against God's Word we are destroying ourselves.  Greed, lust, envy, jealousy, and other workings of the flesh destroy from within before they destroy without.  Solomon said, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof" (Proverbs 18:21).  Even what we say can destroy us.  If we speak evil to ourselves and say things about us that aren't true we can become defeated.  The Psalmist said, "I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed" (Psalms 77:3).  Many people have become habitual complainers. They are never satisfied about or with anything.  This must not be in a child of God.   How do we destroy ourselves?  In our everyday decisions.  Decisions that deal with our integrity.  Anytime we are not honest, open, and candid with ourselves and others, we are destroying ourselves. Anytime we withhold truth and agree for personal gain, pleasure, and self-gratification, we are killing ourselves.  Some people have lied to themselves for so long, and have been lied to for so long, that they can no longer discern truth from err.  They think they are living in truth but are living a lie.  Paul said that if we walking the Spirit, we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).  Is there something in your life that you are doing that you know goes against the Word of God?  Then why not go to Jesus and allow Him to help you; He is the only one that can save and satisfy your soul.



Sing: I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more; but the Master of the sea, heard my despairing cry, from the waters lifted me, now safe am I.

 
Love lifted me! Love lifted me! When nothing else could help, love lifted me; love lifted me, love lifted, me, when nothing else could help, love lifted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment