Tuesday, December 7, 2010

2010 December 7 - Morning Manna

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing  (2 Timothy 4:7-8).

Today's Morsel: The apostle Paul was a warrior for Jesus Christ.  Paul's focus in his mission was for one purpose, to see Jesus.  He went about every day seeking to save that which was lost. He was willing to continue on no matter the cost.  Life wasn't an issue for Paul, as he looked forward to seeing the One who had given His life for Him.  There were things that Paul wanted to know.  He wanted to know the fellowship of Christ's suffering, and the resurrection of His power. There was something that gripped Paul's life that made him run not as unwise but wise.  There was something that made him fight not as one that beat against the air, but as one that that knew what his target was.  Paul knew that at the end of every race, there is only one winner, and that the winner in the winner's circle was given a crown of victory and triumph.  Paul said that he was running this Gospel race not for a corruptible crown, but for an incorruptible one.  One that would not perish.  One that was pure and would not fade.  One that only Jesus can give.  What are you running for?  What are you fighting for?  If you are looking for a crown here on earth, it's going to be corruptible.  But the crown that Jesus will give to you when you cross His finish line, rusts not and moths cannot corrupt it and thieves cannot break through and steal it.

Sing: There are men with ambition, they seek wealth and fame, but I've one and only one goal to attain; I don't ask to be remembered when my life's sun has gone down, I only ask at least one star in my crown.

Chorus:  Don't let me forget where You found me, let me remember You had to reach way down; let me toil till I'm foot-sore, let me search till I'm weary, but don't let me stand without a star in my crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment