Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 December 28 - Morning Manna

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:24)

Today's Morsel: What do you really need today?  Not what do you want, but what do you really need?  Because we live in the flesh, it is oftentimes easy to confuse our desires with our needs.    Jesus said, whatsoever ye desire, when you pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.  You see, if there is really a requirement in our life, then when we pray for it, we will believe, we will wait patiently for it, and we will receive it in God's timing. But if our prayer is for a want, then we probably won't possess the faith to believe that it will come to fruition. Which stands to reason why we usually don't get a lot of our wants from God.   Do you desire spiritual things more than material things?  nDo you desire holiness more than worldliness?  Do you desire a friendship and fellowship with Jesus more than others?  When Jesus is number one in our lives, then usually our wants are few, as He makes us complete and we find contentment in Him.  Jesus further said that if we seek first the kingdom of God, then all the other things we have need of would be added unto us (Matthew 6:33).  What are your desires and needs today?

Sing:  It's my desire to live for Jesus, It's my desire to be like Him; Though often I fail and bring Him much shame, it's my desire to live for Him.
If you could see where Jesus brought me from, to where I am today; then you would know the reason why I love Him so.  You can take this world's wealth and riches I don't need earth's fame; it's my desire, it's my desire to live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment