Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 December 29 - Morning Manna

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses (Matthew 6:15).

Today's Morsel:  Who do you think is the recipient of forgiveness, you or the person you are forgiving?  When we really understand how God operates, we will see that we are the recipient.   If we hold on to what others have done to us, and never forgive them, we are the one who suffers and loses out.  It can become a root of bitterness within us and often times we carry that hurt into another relationship, take it out on our loved ones, become standoffish to others, or even worry ourselves crazy.  Jesus said that we must learn to forgive.  The first person we should forgive is ourselves and then others.  Paul Boese said, "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future."  In other words, it keeps you moving forward and not looking back and focusing on the hurt.  What forgiveness really does is give God a chance to work on your behalf.

Sing:  I know the Lord will make a way for me. I know the Lord will make a way for me.  If I live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right, I know the Lord will make a way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment