Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010 December 23 - Morning Manna

Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. (Matthew 2:1-2)

Today's Morsel:  After the birth of Jesus, wise men came seeking Him to worship Him.  The Bible calls them wise men, meaning they were men with wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.  They knew that the King of the Jews was born and they came to worship Him.  Solomon said, "The wise in heart shall be called prudent: and the sweetness of the lips increaseth learning." (Proverbs 16:21).  Are you wise in heart?  David said, "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise. Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations. For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth" (Psalms 57:7-11). Do you have your heart set to worship and to praise Him from the rising of the sun until the going down of the same?  Wise men still seek Him to worship Him.  God seeks such to worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

Sing:  Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto thee, hallelu, hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment