Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2010 December 1 - Morning Manna

Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry (2 Timothy 4:9-11).

Today's Morsel:  John Mark, the author of the book of Mark, was denounced by the Apostle Paul for his failure to continue with the team (Paul and Barnabas) when they were first called of God to the ministry (Acts 13:1-14). After a period of time, when Paul desired Barnabas to come with him to see the brethren and church which they had established, Barnabas desired to take John Mark along with them. But Paul thought it was not good to take him with them because he had left them before.  And there was great contention between Paul and Barnabas over Paul's refusal (Acts 15:36-41).  You see, John Mark was Barnabas' nephew.  Barnabas may have seen something in John Mark that Paul didn't and knew that John was ready for the mission.   But now, many years later, Paul realizes the importance that John Mark is to his ministry, and thus he sends for him.  Apparently, Mark had received much training from his uncle Barnabas who was a loyal and faithful servant of the Jesus Christ.  Like Mark, I'm sure that there may be many men and women, who at the first felt a call to do something for God, but because of unknown reasons, may have went back.  But now, through much prayer, refocusing, and a recommitting of their lives wholeheartedly to God, they are ready for the mission.  What about you?  Did you feel a call to do something for Jesus, but circumstances beyond your control impeded you?  Do you still have that pulling at your heart to go.  Well, if you have your focus correct, and you feel that you are now ready to recommit, why not go forward and allow God to use you.  Just say to yourself, it's the eleventh hour, and there is still work that I can do.

Sing: 1. Dear Lord I'll be a witness, if You will help my weakness, I know that I'm not worthy, Lord, of Thee.  By eyes of faith I see Thee, upon the cross of Calvary; dear Lord, I cry, let me Thy servant be. (Chorus)

2. I'll stand for Thee dear Jesus, whatever the cost may be; I'll spread the gospel to the lost each day; But if it be Thy will, Lord, to send me over the sea, I'll follow Thee though death should come my way (Chorus)

Chorus:  Jesus, use me and O Lord don't refuse me, for surely there's a work that I can do; and even though it's humble, Lord, Help my will to crumble, though the cost be great I'll work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment