Saturday, August 19, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 August 19

 Surprise! 

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:1-3)

 

Today’s Morsel:  We all know that Jesus is going to come back for His people one day, just like the scripture says that it will happen. And the uniqueness is, none of us knows when or how this will take place. Now scripture does tell us of the disciples, “And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.” (Acts 1:10-11) He went up, and He will return the same way. But what if He appeared to you as He did with the woman at the well, in John chapter 4, “The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.” (John 4:25-26) Would you be surprised? Would you be caught off guard? Would you run and hide? Would you be doing something wrong? What will Jesus find you doing when He comes again? Will you be busy about your Father’s business or busy in another man’s matters? You never know when Jesus is going to show up, that’s why He tells us to watch so that we are not surprised.

 

Sing: When He calls me, I will answer; when He calls me, I will hear; when He calls me, I will answer; I’ll be somewhere, working for my Lord. 

I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment