Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker -2023 August 8

Halfway Is Part of The Journey

 

“So he sent his brethren away, and they departed: and he said unto them, See that ye fall not out by the way.” (Genesis 45:24)

 

Today’s Morsel: Often in this Christian race, some folks are quick to go back into the world. They cite that serving God is too hard. Somewhat like the children of Israel, who were right at the door of their promise, but because of fear, wanted to go back to Egypt. Every time folks quick, I wonder and ask myself, how close were they to completing the journey. I’ve seen soldiers in basic training complete 4 or 5 weeks of an 8-week course, and then desire to quit and get out of the military. In some cases, by the time they received their discharge, they could have graduated and moved on to their next unit with their fellow soldiers. My friend and I were sharing about death and going to heaven a few days ago. We were comparing our age, and I told him that scripture says, “The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.” (Psalms 90:10) I told him that I’ve already crossed the 70-year mark, and so now I am just waiting for my number to be called so that I can fly away.  Come on my friend, don’t quit, halfway is just part of the journey.

 

Sing: For me, for me, for me, there’s a mansion there for me, in glory land so bright and fair where the victor’s crown, I soon shall wear; come and go with me, for I won’t be back you see.  If anybody’s going to be happy over there, it’s me, me, me, me, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment