Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 August 22

Maintaining Your Joy

 

“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.” 

(Habakkuk 3:17-19)

 

Today’s Morsel: One of the things that the devil desires to do is steal your joy. He wants to take away your well-being, success, good fortune, and your long-lasting happiness. If he can prevent you from being content and in a state of tranquility, he knows that you will soon go into depression, quit, and lose hope of life. This is why you must learn how to motivate yourself so that you can maintain your joy. You see, if you can just maintain your joy in Jesus, everything else will fall in place. When the enemy tried to steal Job’s joy, Job said, “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:” (Job 19:25-26) He was not about to allow the devil nor anyone else to steal his joy. Habakkuk said that nothing was going to steal his joy. He said that he was still going to rejoice even though everything else failed. You must maintain your joy or else you will soon fall into the state of woe is me. 

 

Sing: I get joy, joy, joy, when I think about the Lord, when I’m standing in His presence, I say give me more and more. Well, it starts in my hands, and it moves down to my feet, I’ve got the joy, joy, joy, all over me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment