Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2023 August 30

 Not Ashamed 

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” (Romans 1:16-17)

 

Today’s Morsel: What is your understanding of the gospel? If someone were to ask you about the gospel, would you be comfortable enough to explain to them how the gospel works and how it changed your life? I wish churches would get back to testimony services. I have seen many people committee their lives to Christ right in testimony services. I was in a service once, and there was a lady there for the first time in the service. The pastor was giving folks who wanted to share what God had done in their lives with the church. And this lady wanted to testify. She stood and told of her many sins, and what she had been through in her life. But then she said, I know that if it had not been for Jesus, my life would have been over a long time ago. Friend, that is not being ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God unto salvation. That woman was baptized in Jesus’ name and filled with the Holy Ghost, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gave her the utterance, that very night. To be ashamed of the gospel is to be ashamed of Jesus, as He is the gospel. And Jesus said, “For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.” (Luke 9:26) You don’t need to be ashamed of what Jesus has done for you, that was the purpose for His coming, to seek and to save that which was lost. Standup and tell it. Somebody’s life may be changed because of your testimony. 

 

Sing: Standup and tell it if you love my Jesus.  Standup and tell it if you love my Lord. I want to know, yes, I want to know, if you love my Lord.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment