Monday, June 8, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 8 June 2020


Other’s Mistakes

Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer. Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.(1 Corinthians 10:6-12)

Today’s Morsel:  I am of the belief that everything which was written in the Bible was for my learning. When I read each story, I am made wiser because I accept it as being for me.  When I read scripture, I’m always looking for the application.  How does it apply to me? In his writings, Paul tells us, “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.(Philippians 2:12)  The writer of Hebrews tells us, “Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him” (Hebrews 2:1-3). When Jesus returns I do not think any of us are going to be able to make the excuse by saying that we did not know.  And that is because He’s already given us examples of other’s mistakes in scripture so that we would not make the same mistakes.

Sing: He leadeth me! He leadeth me, by His great hand He leadeth me.  His faithful follower I will be for by His hand He leadeth me.

Thought For Today:  Those old stories have a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment