Friday, June 12, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 12 June 2020


The Lord is My Rock

“To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said, I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.”
(Psalms 18:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the metaphors that David offers us for God is that of the Rock.  Something that is firm, solid, and that will provide protection.  As saints of God, this image of Christ lets us know that we, too, have recourse for shelter and safety, and on whom we can build our hope of eternal life and happiness.  Plus, we are safe from all enemies, and from all danger. When we build our lives based on His Word, we are building it up the Rock, Jesus Christ, a firm foundation.

Sing: Rock of Ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee.  Let the water and the blood, from Thy wounded side which flowed; Be of sin the double cure, Save from wrath and make me pure.

Thought For Today:  Jesus Christ, a firm foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment