Friday, June 26, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 June 2020


Empty

For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.(Jeremiah 2:13)

Today’s Morsel:  When my wife and I went on our first missions trip to Mongolia, you could put your hand out and get a ride with just about anyone with a car.  But what we found was that the gas gauge in most of those cars we got into would register empty. The light would be flashing. When I asked our guide if the driver was not afraid of running out of gas, she said, "No. They only put enough gas in to get them to where they need to go in case the car breaks down, they wasted their money on gas they won't be able to use."  You know, I think this is how some people in the church operate. They only get enough of Jesus to make people think that they are Christians.   They get just enough to get by with.  They do not fill up to the brim for fear that they may have to share Him with others.  They are trying to do it their own way, as the Lord said, by digging their own well.  Sadly, they do not realize that you cannot fill an empty bucket at a dry well.

Sing: I thirsted in a barren land of sin and shame, and nothing satisfying there I found.  But to the blessed cross of Christ one day I came, where springs of living water did abound.  Drinking at the springs of living water, happy now am I, my soul they satisfy.  Drinking at the springs of living water, a wonderful and bountiful supply.

 Thought For Today: You can’t fill an empty bucket at a dry well.

No comments:

Post a Comment