Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 June 2020


Saint-Jean-Baptiste

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
(Matthew 3:1-2)

Today’s Morsel:  Today, in Quebec Canada, they celebrate Saint-Jean- Baptiste day.  Also known in English as St John the Baptist Day.  It is a holiday celebrated on June 24 in the Canadian Province of Quebec, by French Canadians across Canada and the United States.  Its purpose was to honor the birth of John the Baptist.  Jesus said of John the Baptist to the people, “ What went ye out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken with the wind? But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? behold, they that wear soft clothing are in kings' houses. But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.(Matthew 11:7-12)  Jesus said that there has not risen a greater than John the Baptist.  And yet John would say of Jesus, “I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.(Luke 3:16-17)  He must increase, but I must decrease.(John 3:30)  When you understand authority, you understand who is greater.

Sing:  My God is awesome, He can move mountains, keep me in the valley, hide me from the rain.  My God is awesome, heals me when I'm broken, strength where I've been weakened, forever He will reign.  My God is awesome, Savior of the whole world, giver of salvation, by His stripes I am healed.  My God is awesome, today I am forgivenHis grace is why I'm living, praise His holy name.  My God is awesome, Awesome, Awesome, forever He will reign.

Thought For Today:  There is none greater than the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment