Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 June 2020


Greater Works

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.(John 14:12)

Today’s Morsel:  It seems like there for a while, everywhere I went there were signs stating "Hiring."   And then right across the street from the stores that were hiring, there was someone standing with a sign saying, “Homeless anything will help.”  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.  The problem with too many folks in the world today is they quit looking for work when they find a job.  And the same is true in the church.  Some folks never look for ways to do more or expand their talents and abilities.  I have heard many folks say that this is the job I was hired for and that is all I am doing.  They quit working. But Jesus said, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do.”  Don’t quit working just because you have a job.  Keep looking for more work, you never know what you may learn or discover.

Sing:  When He calls me, I will answer; when He calls me, I will hear.  When He calls me, I will answer, I’ll be somewhere working for my Lord.
 I’ll be somewhere working; I’ll be somewhere working; I’ll be somewhere working for Lord. I ’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working, I’ll be somewhere working for Lord.

Thought For Today: Don’t quit working just because you find a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment