Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 10 June 2020


Sitting The Example

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.(John 13:13-15)

Today’s Morsel:  The most valuable gift you can give another person is a good example.  Probably the greatest example that Jesus left His disciples was one of humility.  We may say many things, but the example of a character that we set before others will be what is seen and heard from you.  If you really want to train up a child in the way that he should go, set a good example before him and watch him thrive.  As Jesus told His disciples, "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you."  If Jesus gave us an example, what are we giving others?  Example setting means that you set the example of what you desire to see others learn.

Sing:  To be like Jesus.  To be like Jesus.  On earth I long to be like Him.  All through life’s journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

Thought For Today:  Example setting means that you set the example for what you desire to see others learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment