Monday, July 9, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 July 9

“Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philippians 4:11-13).

Today’s Morsel:  I am so satisfied with the wise providence and goodness of God, that I know whatever He determines for me in my life is best.  Therefore, I am perfectly content.  Like Paul, I know how to abound and how to be abased.  “All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast” (Proverbs 15:15).  How true that proverb is.  Notice, when we have a merry heart we have a continual feast!  If our minds are contented, we will be content and joy reigns in us.  What do we get by murmuring and complaining? Absolute nothing but more of the same.  Paul said that he had learned how to be content no matter the state he found himself.  What about you?  Don’t be too quick to move from where you are.  It might be the very place God wants you to be.

Sing:  He knows my name, He knows my every thought.  He sees each tear that falls, and He hears me when I call.

Thought For Today: Contentment…Satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment