Saturday, July 28, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 July 28

“And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you” 
(Luke 10:18-19).

Today’s Morsel:  Somebody said that Jesus defeated Satan with two sticks and three nails at Calvary.  Isn’t it amazing that every conversation you read in scripture where Jesus is having a conversation with Satan, Jesus is always the more Powerful One?  I don’t even read where the apostles of Jesus gave Satan any attention or credence. I don’t read anywhere where any of them said that their trials or tribulations were because of Satan.  I see them casting him out of people, turning people over to him for wrong, asking others why they had allowed him to deceive them, and giving warnings about him; but I don’t see them giving him credit for the things that were happening to them.  They just saw it as men rejecting the gospel. They seem to realize that they had power over him, and kept their focus on delivering others from his grasp and preparing themselves for heaven.  What about you?  Do you give Satan credit when bad things happen to you?  Job never blames Satan.  He just said the Lord knew the way he took, and that he would come forth as gold.  I guess if you want to give Satan credit you can.  But I choose to see him as defeated and keep my focus on Jesus.  Resist the devil and he will flee.  Give him credence and he’ll stick around.  He has no place in my life, how about yours?   

Sing:  I command you Satan, in the name of the Lord, to pick up your weapons and flee, for God has given me authority to walk all over thee.

Thought For Today: Resist the devil and he will flee. Give him credence and he’ll stick around (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment