Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 July 10

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” 
(Isaiah 55:8-9).

Today’s Morsel:  Do you lose hope and trust in God when He doesn’t answer your prayers the way you thought that He should?  I think one of the fallacies that we have with prayer is that just because we pray, we think that things are going to turn out "good", meaning our way.  This is not always the case.  There are consequences for wrong, as we see when the priest found the book of the law and told King Josiah.  Josiah requested that the priest go and seek God for an answer to which the Lord told him that He would still bring evil upon the place (see 2 Kings 22:1-20).  Josiah is listed as a righteous king, but others wrong, and God said they would still be judged.  God’s ways are not our ways nor is His thoughts.  I don’t know the way He will use to turn someone’s heart back to Him or remove evil from us.  All I know is I must allow His perfect will be done in my request, and I also trust that He knows what is best.

Sing: Jesus be the Lord of all.  Jesus be the Lord of all. Jesus be the Lord of all, the kingdoms of my heart.

Thought For Today: He knows what’s best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment