Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2018 July 25

“Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set” 
(Proverbs 22:28).

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things I like to do when traveling is to stop and to read old historical landmark signs.  There are lots of good data on them.  Sometimes I get thoughts for a message to preach.  For example, there is one sign I read entitled, “The Battle of the Bad Axe.” This story relates to Chief Black Hawk and his Sauk followers during the battle in Wisconsin, it is along the Mississippi River.  It is a very good read.  The Lord told Joshua to set up 12 stones for a memorial so that the generations to come would know what He had done for them.  Solomon tells us not to remove the landmarks that our fathers have set.  If we keep removing statues and landmarks of history, the next generation isn’t going to know what God has done for them.  We need to learn to cherish the landmarks and old ways, many of them are in place for protection.  Know why the fence was put there before you move it.

Sing:  So I’ll cherish the Old Rugged Cross, till my trophies, at last, I lay down.  I will cling, to the Old Rugged Cross, and exchange it some day for a crown.

Thought For Today:  Know why the fence was put there before you move it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment