Saturday, October 1, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 1

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 
(1 Timothy 2:1-4)

Today’s Morsel: How’s your prayer life?  Is it peaceable or out of whack?  One of the major duties that every Christian has is that of keeping our prayer life solid and strong.  If you are feeling that your life is turned upside down, check your prayer life.  Scripture says, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26:3-4).  And​ it also says, “Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:5-7). Prayer can fix the troubled mind​,​ if we talk to the right God.



Sing:Hear my cry, O’ God​,​ attend unto my prayer, from the ends of the earth will I cry unto Thee, and when my heart is overwhelmed lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, so much higher than I.



Thought ​For Today:  Prayer still works. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I'm a believer. I've learned about the power of prayer and I now value my time with the Lord in prayer.

    ReplyDelete