Friday, October 14, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 14

“For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer” (Isaiah 54:6-8).

Today’s Morsel:  I believe one of biggest stressers that some people have in their life is that of not being willing to forgive others.  Some people will spend their entire life on earth being angry with someone else.  I know that there are sometimes things that we do cause God anger, but He does not hold that anger forever.  It’s only for a moment, as His mercies are new every morning.  If we think that God is angry with us, then we need to examine ourselves and ask the question "Why?".   In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.  If God is willing to forgive, then we must be willing to forgive, too.

Sing: My Lord is real to me; My Lord is real, yes, real to me; My soul demands reality, my precious Lord is real to me.

Thought For Today:  Forgive!

No comments:

Post a Comment