Monday, October 31, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 31

“Moreover the word of the LORD came unto Jeremiah the second time, while he was yet shut up in the court of the prison, saying, Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” (Jeremiah 33:1-3)


Today’s Morsel:  Sometimes, ​I have had people ask me some of those questions that I just don’t have the answer for.  You know, questions like why did someone die so young?  Why didn’t God not stop a plane crash?  Why do bad things happen to good people?  I don’t have the answer and no one else does either.  Only God has those answers. The secret things belong to God.  The Lord told Jeremiah while he was in prison, “C​all unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”  Maybe Jeremiah was concerned and had questions​ about his imprisonment. Maybe he had questions about the state of Israel.  But no matter the questions ​he had, God told him to ask and Hwould show him great and mighty things which he didn’t know.  What do you want to know?  Have you asked God?  Jesus said, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened” (Matthew 7:7-8).  Care to ask?   Jesus is the answer.​


Sing:  Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understandbut I know who holds the future, and ​I know who holds my hand.


Thought F​or Today: The secret things belong to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment