Monday, October 10, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 10

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. (Psalms 27:1-6)


​​
Today’s Morsel:  There​ are so many people who live their entire life in fear.  Many people are phobic of heights, elevators, airplanes, being aboard ships, being in a crowded room with other people​, of dying, sickness, pain, of people’s race and even those of another country. So much phobia abounds,​ that people are becoming depressed and afraid to even venture out of their homes.  Paul told Timothy: “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7).   John said that if we are not careful, we can allow fear to torment us (1 John 4:18).  We must put fear where it belongs​, behind us and under our feet.  We must not allow it to control our lives.  For if we do, we will even ​be afraid of seeing Jesus when He return​s​.

Sing: Some trust in chariots and some in horses,​ but we will remember the name of the Lord of God.  Some trust in chariots and some in horses,​ but we will remember the name of the Lord of God. Now I know that the Lord will save His anointed.  He will hear them from His Holy heavens.  With the saving strength of His right hand, they are brought down and fallen, but we are risen and stand upright.  Some trust in chariots and some in horses,​ but we will remember the name of the Lord of God.


Thought For Today: Ain’t scared! 

No comments:

Post a Comment