Monday, October 17, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 17

“And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us” 
(1 John 3:24)

Today’s Morsel:  Jesus made no qualms about those who were His.  He said that you will know them by their fruit. There are certain qualities that come with the Holy Ghost, see Galatians 5:22-23.  However, those who are His must not operate in the flesh as this is contrary to His Spirit.  Paul also wrote, “And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts” (Galatians 5:24).  In other words, the corrupt passions of the soul have been put to death; that is, destroyed.  It is as though they were dead, and have no power over us.  If God has given you His Spirit, then there should be a total change in actions and lifestyle which reflects the Spirit that is with in you.

Sing: I’ve got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said.  I’ve got the Holy Ghost, down in my soul, just like the Bible said.  Well I’ve been to the water and I’ve been baptized in Jesus name, my soul got happy and I’m so satisfied.  I wouldn’t take nothing for my journey now; just like the Bible, just like the Bible, just like the Bible said.

Thought For Today:  “Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his” (Romans 8:9). 

No comments:

Post a Comment