Monday, October 3, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 October 3

O Lord GOD, thou hast begun to shew thy servant thy greatness, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heaven or in earth, that can do according to thy works, and according to thy might? I pray thee, let me go over, and see the good land that is beyond Jordan, that goodly mountain, and Lebanon. But the LORD was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not hear me: and the LORD said unto me, Let it suffice thee; speak no more unto me of this matter. Get thee up into the top of Pisgah, and lift up thine eyes westward, and northward, and southward, and eastward, and behold it with thine eyes: for thou shalt not go over this Jordan. (Deuteronomy 3:24-27)

Today’s Morsel:  My wife has different ring-tones on her phone to identify certain callers.  For our daughter she has a song entitled, “Ain’t nobody got time for that.”  In other words, I don’t have time to listen to bad news.  Moses told the children of Israel that he tried to get God to change His mind so that He could lead the people into the promised land, but God told him don’t speak to me of this matter.  Maybe God was saying, “I ain’t got time for that.”  God still loved Moses, but disobedience had to be dealt with.   So let me encourage you, when God tells you to do something, do it, because He has no pleasure in our sin.

Sing:  I’ve anchored in Jesus, the storms of life I’ll brave.  I’ve anchored in Jesus, I feel no wind or wave.  I’ve anchored in Jesus for He has power to save, I’ve anchored to the Rock of Ages.

Thought For Today:  Is God in control of your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment