Friday, March 4, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 March 4

Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things 
which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:15-19)
​​Today's Morsel:  
The church at Philippi was a giving church.  They seem​ed​ to be a mission minded church. They seem​ed​ to be going out of their way to support the work of God.  Paul commends them for giving to the work of the Lord by telling them that because they gave​, God would provide for them.  Isn’t it amazing that those who give to the work of the Lord seem to lack nothing?  I have found that when I invest into God’s kingdom, my dividends are so much more in the end.  How much have you invested into your heavenly account lately?

Sing:   ​Give and it shall be given, good measure
​,​ press
​ed,​ down shaken together and
​ running over. 
Give, and it shall be given, when you give, you give to the Lord.

Thought ​For 
​T
oday: How much is a lost soul worth to you?
​​

No comments:

Post a Comment