Friday, March 11, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 March 11

Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree. Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it. (Jeremiah 1:4-12)

Today’s Morsel: Wouldn’t it be wonderful if people who say that they are Christians would do what they say?  From the time that the Lord called Jeremiah, He told him that He would perform what He said that He would do. He said that He would even hasten His word to perform it. Paul said that God is faithful. If God says that He will do something, He will do it because He cannot lie. He’s a God of truth. The writer of Hebrews said, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).  It’s quick and powerful. “The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed…And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour” (Matthew 8:8;13).  God’s word will not return void, but will accomplish what He sends it to do and shall prosper wherever He sends it.  How about you?  Is your word true?  Do you do what you say?  

Sing: One night while on life's raging sea it looked as if I would suffer defeat. As the blackness of night closed off the light my heart sank with fear. My desperate cry rang out with fright; all I could see was no hope in sight. With faith all but gone I met the one who came looking for me.

[Chorus:]
He came looking for me, He came looking for me. He made a way when there was no way that I could see. When I drifted so far Jesus was near to rescue my soul and calm all my fears. Now I am safe from all harm since I met the one who came looking for me. 

Thought For Today: “Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it” (1 Thessalonians 5:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment