Monday, March 28, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 March 28

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:1-4)

Today’s Morsel: Blindness can be frightening. Sometimes I wonder what it’s like to be without sight. I have played many games that required me to be blindfolded so that I could not see where I was going. I had to be led by others to find my way. This is one of the reason that it is essential for Christians to teach bible studies. People are blind and cannot see where they are going or what they are doing.  Many people are so stuck in religious traditions that they cannot see where they are going, nor what God is trying to show them in their life.  The religious leaders asked Jesus if they were blind and He told them that if they were blind they would have no sin.  But because they said that they could see, their sins remain.  Paul said that if this gospel be hid, it is hid to those who are lost, because Satan has blinded their minds to truth (my wording). When Jesus healed the blind man of his blindness in John chapter 9, the religious leader tried to tell him that Jesus was a sinner.  Jesus told them, you can call him what you want.  But this one thing I know, where as I was blind but now I see (my words).  Don’t allow tradition to keep you blinded to truth. Because if you do, you will be blind forever.

Sing: I see a crimson stream of blood, it flows from Calvary, it’s waves which reach the throne of God, are sweeping over me.

Thought For Today: Don’t allow tradition to keep you blinded to truth (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment