Wednesday, October 8, 2014

2014 October 8 - Morning Manna

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
(Matthew 11:28-30)

 Today's Morsel: Here in La Crosse, Wisconsin, Riverside Park is a very beautiful park.  Located on the west side of the state of Wisconsin, three rivers meet here, (the Black, La Crosse, and Mississippi Rivers) and you can look across the Mississippi River into the state of Minnesota from the park.  It is a park for rest, relaxation, entertainment, and touring.  You can see barges going up and down the River. Boats sailing, fishing, and just joy riding.  Tour groups coming to ride the Mississippi Queen.  Bird watchers. Kids playing in the park.  Joggers.  Walkers.  And even those who are there just for relaxation.  But with all this park offers, in order for to enjoy it, I have to go to it.  All this beauty does me no good, if I never go there. The same is true with God.  If we lack rest and we never go to Him for it, even though He has offered it, it's not His fault if we do not have it.  The same way Riverside Park affords the things it does, Jesus does too.  You can go to the park and get rest, but it will only be temporary.  Yet you can go to Jesus and have continual rest.  It's our choice.  "And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. And they departed into a desert place by ship privately"(Mark 6:31-32).  Why not come apart a while with Jesus in the park, so that you do not come apart.

Sing:  I come to the Garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses, and the voice I hear, falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses; And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share, as we tarry there, none other, has ever known.

Thought for Today:  A walk in the park requires you to go to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment