Tuesday, October 7, 2014

2014 October 7 - Morning Manna

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates. (2 Corinthians 13:5-6).

Today's Morsel: How often do you question yourself about who you are in Christ?  Do you ever ask yourself if you are measuring up to God's word?  Or do you ever ask God how you are measuring up and if He is well pleased with you?  I have come to realize the soul of man must often times ask tough questions of himself.  I got this from King David when he asked himself, "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God" (Psalms 42:11). The best examiner of oneself is the man in the mirror.  Paul tells, "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall"(1 Corinthians 10:12).  If we are willing to ask ourselves the tough questions now, and make the adjustment to our lives based on the answer from the Spirit, we won't have to be concerned when we stand before Him on that day.

Sing: Aren't you getting just a bit tired of foolish around? You try to laugh your way through life but you're not gaining ground.  Why not try the Lord today, just ask Him in your heart to stay, and you'll find Jesus love to be the best thing that you ever found.
Chorus: Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go.  Jesus got in to my heart He got in to my soul, I used to be so sad, but now I'm happy free and I'm glad, cause Jesus got a hold of my life and He won't let me go.

Thought for Today: The soul of man must often times ask tough questions of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment