Friday, October 24, 2014

2014 October 24 - Morning Manna

Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. (Titus 1:15-16)

Today's Morsel: I never would have thought that I would see the day that we buy water to drink.   I notice that on every bottle it says, "pure water".  I bet it's not pure.  For something to be pure, it has to be the real deal.  It was pure when it came from God.  But now, because man has tampered with it, it isn't pure.  I think I would be just as healthy drinking out of the garden hose like I did as a kid, or drawing it out of a well with a bucket, as drinking it out of a plastic bottle.  Wasn't that plastic bottle recycled from something else.  Hmmmmm!
Paul told Titus that to the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.  When our heart is pure, our whole life will be pure.  But if our heart isn't pure, then our life isn't going to be pure either.  Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God" (Matthew 5:8).  If our heart is not pure, clean, and wholesome, we cannot enter heaven. Sin can't enter there. Solomon tells us to keep our heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issue of life (Proverbs 4:23).  We must guard what we allow to come in.  A pure heart produces pure motives, pure thoughts, and a pure mind.  Our ways are cleansed by the word of God.  Therefore, we must allow the word take root within us.

Sing: Create in me a clean heart, O' God, and renew a right spirit within me; Create in me a clean heart, O' God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away, from Thy presence O' God; take not they Holy Spirit from me, restore unto me, the joy of Thy Salvation, and renew a right spirit with me.

Thought for Today: As a man thinketh in His heart so is he. (King Solomon)

No comments:

Post a Comment