Wednesday, October 22, 2014

2014 October 22 - Morning Manna

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

Today's Morsel:  Most people in the church have probably heard this passage more than any other.  But few, if any, have come to accept it and live their lives according to it.  I do believe that inside of every Christian, there is that desire to trust God.  But for some unknown reason, we still put our trust in others over Him.  Is this wrong, or is it the way we were made?  Paul even wanted his thorn removed from his flesh.  But after God told him His grace was sufficient for him, he became a glorifying fool.  In other words, he turned his thinking into continuous worship.  The key to trusting God with all of our heart, is to remove our wants and replace them with only our needs, and to pray, "Not my will be done, but Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."

Sing: I know the Lord will make a way for me; I know the Lord will make a way for me; If I live a holy life, shun the wrong and do the right, I know the Lord will make a way for me.

Thought for Today: Trusting God requires you to remove self. (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment