Saturday, October 4, 2014

2014 October 4 - Morning Manna

And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:1-3)

Today's Morsel:  I often wonder why Israel had such a hard time trusting God.  But then I realize that when a person has carried a burden for a long period of time, and has prayed for it to be removed and it hasn't been, it makes it hard for them to trust God.  What I also find is what affects our trust factor, is we usually want things to happen on our own timeline.  When they don't, we don't think that God is working on our behalf.  And so this too, makes it hard for some folks to trust Him.  The writer of Hebrews tells us that the just must live by faith (Hebrews 10:38).  No one has control over God and no one can tell Him what to do.  This is why we have to learn trust with Him.  But if we say that we know Him, and then don't trust Him, we may not be speaking truth from our hearts.  Isaiah said that God was His salvation and that he would trust in Him and not be afraid.  When you have received salvation, you too must trust Him.  If He gave you salvation based on what He said He would do according to His word, don't you think that He'll still come through for you in other things as well? Notice, the word "Trust" only has one "U".  Therefore, the ball is in your court to make it happen.

Sing:  I trust in God, wherever I may be, upon the land upon the rolling sea, for come what may, from day to day, my heavenly father watches over, over me.

Thought for Today: Trust is just another word for faith. And without it, you can't please God either.  (Parker)

Answers to yesterday's Manna questions

1. What scriptures tell you how to handle disagreements with each other? Matthew 5:23-24

2. What scriptures tell a husband and wifes how to live?
Ephesians 5:21-33

3. What scriptures tell fathers how to rear their children?
Ephesians 6:4

4. What scriptures tell you how to avoid the lust of the flesh?  Galatians 5:16

5. What scriptures tell you what is the whole duty of man?
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment